Over the course of the past editions, the Nyon Triathlon has put into place several actions to develop the organization in a sustainable manner. We have decided this year to shed more light on the various directions we have taken by creating a specific “Sustainable Development” sector. Here are some examples of the 4 axes of our work :
- Creating a written plan of our sustainable development concept in order to make our efforts more valued.
- Put into place actions for which the effects are observed and analyzed.
- Create visual tools to make volunteers, athletes, partners and the general public more aware of our actions.
- Supporting the local economy by working with regional companies.
- Initiate energy saving measures.
- Mutualize our purchases in such a way that we are able to share our goods with other events.
- Create an awareness of the benefits of sport to children through the Tri-Kids.
- Raise awareness of the risks associated with doping and addiction through the program Cool&Clean.
- Create partnerships to promote solidarity causes such as EVAM (an organization welcoming immigrants in Vaud) and Terre des Hommes (a children’s aid Foundation) with whom we have collaborated for several years.
- Rethink our waste management in our Eco friendly zones with a goal of Zero waste.
- Promote conduct that limits our environmental impact (transportation, protection, etc.).
- PCollaborate with local, organic and ethical sources for catering and refreshments.
Therefore, our goal is to propose an event richer in emotion from one year to another but also to be respectful (and hopefully even useful) to our earth.
We will be sure to keep you informed of the progress of our work through this page and our Facebook page. Our project in its entirety for the 2016 edition is available on our ProfilEVENT by Swiss Olympic (2015 edition ,2014 edition).
If you have any remarks, suggestions or question concerning our efforts, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss this with you.